Nutty Cheddar Spread
Courtesy of Blue Diamond Almonds
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds, chopped, plus additional for topping, if desired
- 1/2 lb. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup good quality Gluten-free beer, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion tops
- Blue Diamond Nut Thins Crackers
Place almonds, cheese, beer, butter, mustard and garlic in a food processor; puree until fairly smooth. Add onions and pulse on and off to chop. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with additional almonds if desired. Serve with Blue Diamond Nut Thins. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
May be prepared up to a week ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. To serve, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until soft enough to spread.